Another list of verses usable in the same way as the Four Spiritual Laws is the “Roman Road.”
The advantage to these seven verses is that they are all in the book of Romans. Sometimes this is an advantage when you don’t want to flip through a lot of pages.
Steps down the Roman Road to Salvation… Read on!
I consider myself a ‘good person’… won’t that be enough?
• Rom. 3:10, “As it is written, ‘There is none righteous, not even one…'”
• Rom. 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
• Rom. 5:12, “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.”
Is sin really THAT big of a deal? If it is… what HOPE is there?
• Rom. 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
After what I’ve done to grieve God… HOW could He willingly die in my place?
• Rom. 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
HOW can I be saved?
• Rom. 10:9-10, “if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
Did God HEAR me? Did He accept me?
• Rom. 10:13, “For whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
What do I do now?
• Rom 10:17, So then faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
We recommend you put the Roman Road in your Bible.
Go to Romans 3:10 underline it and write Romans 3:23 next to it. Then go to Romans 3:28, underline it and write Romans 5:12 next to it, and so on. That way all you need to do is memorize where you start: Romans 3:10.
The Roman Road by Matt Slick1)https://carm.org/christianity/evangelism/four-spiritual-laws
References [ + ]